Main content | back to top
Shell Bonus Card Terms and Conditions
This is the Terms and Conditions of Shell Bonus Card.
- Shell Bonus Card (“Bonus Card”) is exclusively for private individual motorists who are permanent Hong Kong residents aged 18 or above and shall only be used in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China (“HKSAR”).
- The Bonus Card remains the property of Shell Hong Kong Limited (“Company”) and shall be surrendered to the Company by the Cardholder at any time upon the Company’s request. The Company reserves the right to reject any Bonus Card application without giving any reason therefor. For the purposes of these terms and conditions, “Cardholder” means the individual to whom the Bonus Card is issued.
- Every private individual motorist can only apply for one Bonus Card.
- Use of the Bonus Card by the Cardholder shall constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- All Cardholders shall be entitled to participate in the Shell Fuel Discount Scheme (“Scheme”) subject to the terms and conditions thereof. The Cardholder must present the Bonus Card at the time of purchase at any Shell petrol filling stations, failing which the Cardholder cannot obtain and enjoy the benefits under the Scheme.
- If the Cardholder has obtained the Bonus Card but has not duly completed the Bonus Card application form (“Application Form”), the Cardholder shall complete and send the Application Form to the Company within seven (7) days from the date of receipt of the Bonus Card for registration and activation of the relevant Shell Bonus Card Account (“Account”). Otherwise, the Cardholder cannot enjoy the benefits under the Scheme.
- The Company shall have the right to suspend or cancel the Cardholder’s right to participate in the Scheme unless and until the Cardholder has duly completed the Application Form and furnished the Company with the required information.
- If the Account has no record of transactions for a continuous period of twelve (12) months, Shell shall have the right to forthwith cancel the Account and forfeit all the Cardholder’s entitlement to the benefits under the Scheme.
- The Cardholder shall take due and proper care of the Bonus Card. In the event of damage or loss of the Bonus Card by the Cardholder, the Company shall have the right to levy a charge on the Cardholder for issuance of any replacement card.
- The Cardholder undertakes to inform the Company immediately of any loss or theft of the Bonus Card and confirm the same in writing as soon as possible. The Company shall not be in any event liable for any damage or loss by the Cardholder in relation thereto.
- The Cardholder accepts the Company’s records of transactions as authoritative and binding for all intent and purposes.
- The Bonus Card is not transferable and may only be used by the Cardholder in the manner as the Company stipulates.
- The Cardholder shall promptly notify the Company in writing of any changes in correspondence address or any other information provided to the Company in connection with the application for the Bonus Card.
- The Cardholder may terminate the Account and cancel the Bonus Card by giving not less than fourteen (14) days’ notice in writing to the Company.
- The Company shall have the right to terminate the Account and not to accept the use of the Bonus Card by the Cardholder at any time without giving any reason therefor or any notice to the Cardholder and without liability of whatsoever nature.
- The Company shall have right at any time to change and/or cancel any of the terms and conditions set out herein (which constitute the complete agreement between the Company and the Cardholder). The Company will inform the Cardholder of the amended terms and conditions and the continual use of Bonus Card by the Cardholder shall constitute acceptance of the amended terms and conditions.
- The Company shall not be liable for any claims, actions, demands, losses, costs, liabilities, damages or expenses of whatsoever nature which would have been suffered or has suffered by the Cardholder arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the use of the Bonus Card by the Cardholder or in connection with the Scheme.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of HKSAR and both the Cardholder and the Company agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of HKSAR.
- The Company shall have the right to assign or transfer to any other party any of its rights or sub-contract any of its obligations under these terms and conditions.
- In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the Chinese version of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.