Main content | back to top
Shell Rimula R5 E
You need to know your oil will protect your engine under all conditions. No matter how hot, cold, steep, dusty, muddy or extended your operations, you demand protection.
Shell Rimula heavy-duty diesel engine oils provide protection in three critical areas:
- Acid control — protects against corrosion fromacids formed as fuel burns.
- Deposit control — keeps engine clean for optimumperformance and long life.
- Wear control — keeps moving metal
Shell Rimula R5 E
Shell Rimula R5 E 10W-40 energy saving oil protects against acid corrosion, dirt/deposits, wear
Shell Rimula R5 E uses selected synthetic technology base oils and additives to deliver fuel economy performance, and to protect under the full range of pressures and temperatures found in modern engines to meet the needs of operators of heavy-duty truck andbus fleets.
The combination of synthetic technology base oils and advanced additive system delivers excellent protection even at low temperatures where the enhanced cold flow properties help protect your engine.
Laboratory test simulations show that Shell Rimula R5 E 10W-40 can deliver up to 1.7% fuel economy
The superior flow and frictional properties of Shell Rimula R5 E 10W-40 compared with a conventional SAE 15W-40 oil means that the oil can help improve fuel economy. Testing in laboratory simulations has shown that 10W-40 oils such as Shell Rimula R5 E can deliver over 1% fuel economy improvement.
Shell Rimula R5 E CI-4 lasts over 30% longer on average than similar competitor oils
LONG LIFE PROTECTION
Synthetic based oils help boost the protective power of the oil in two ways:
1) Enhanced oxidation control: Shell Rimula R5 E resists breakdown over 30% longer than the average of several competitors’ API CI-4 oils.
2) Continuous wear protection: Synthetic technology oils such as Shell Rimula R5 E have enhanced flow properties compared with standard SAE 15W-40 oils, allowing them to reach the critical bearings up to 48% faster under freezing conditions and giving extra protection at temperatures where conventional oils fail to pump.
SHELL RIMULA R5 E – APPLICATION GUIDE
Shell Rimula R5 E is approved by a wide range of engine makers. It is an excellent choice for operators of vehicle fleets in locations with large ambient temperature ranges – one oil to protect whatever the season. In addition, Shell Rimula R5 Eprovides the potential for improved fuel economy thereby directly contributing to operating cost control. It is suitable forpre-US 2007 engines, most Euro 4 and 5 engines (without diesel particulate filters), as well as earlier engine types.
For enhanced performance and protection of the latest low emission engines, especially those fitted with exhaust diesel particulate filters (DPF), we recommend the use of our advanced low-emissions products, Shell Rimula R6 LM/LME.
SPECIFICATION S AND APPROVALS
SAE viscosity grade: 10W-40
API: CI-4, CH-4, CG-4, CF-4, CF; ACEA: E7, E5,
E3; Global: DHD-1; Caterpillar: ECF-1-A, ECF-2;
Cummins: CES 20078, 77, 76, 72, 71; Mack:
EO-M, EO-M+; MAN: M3275-1; MB Approval:
228.3; MTU: Category 2; Renault Trucks: RLD-2;
Volvo: VDS-3, VDS-2.