Main content | back to top
Introduction of Model Series
Shell unveils a special edition Shell V-Power X Ferrari Passion Series comprising of five die-cast model replicas, two model assembly kits, a playset and a limited edition Hauler. They are available for collection from October 2 at 7am until the end of this year at all Shell Stations located in Hong Kong and Macau. This exciting series, with quality finishing and high level detail, features iconic models throughout Ferrari’s history.
Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa
- The 250 Testa Rossa was the most successful sports-prototype of its era. Developed under the new 3-litre limit introduced for sports cars in 1957, it shone in endurance racing and, in it various guises, helped Ferrari take three Manufacturers’ World Championship titles in 1957, 1958 and 1961.
- There were only 21 examples of the original pontoon-fender style 250 Testa Rossas built between 1957 and 1958. In 2014, a 1957 prototype of the Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa was sold at GBP24 million which made it the most expensive car ever sold in Britain.
- With only 499 examples being built, the LaFerrari limited-series special marks an important technological innovation in Ferrari’s history. It is the company’s first hybrid and encompasses the very best of Prancing Horse passion, technology and exclusivity. The model excels in terms of performance as it boasts the highest power output of any Ferrari.
- The Ferrari design team led by Flavio Manzoni worked closely with the engineers to strike a balance between form and function in the design process. The result is a very sculptural design which ensures that the LaFerrari is the most aerodynamically efficient road car ever.
- Similar to Shell V-Power Nitro+, the LaFerrari transforms the inspiration, excellence and technological-know-how from Formula 1 to every day on the road. From the F1-inspired aerodynamic solutions, to the dynamic control systems and the uncompromising architecture which sees the use of no fewer than four different types of hand-laminated carbon-fibre, the LaFerrari is the finest expression of Ferrari’s unique, unparalleled engineering expertise.
Ferrari 458 Challenge
- Having made its debut in 2010, the Ferrari 458 Challenge is the fifth model used by Ferrari in its single-series racing programme.
- Similar to Shell V-Power Nitro+, the Ferrari 458 Challenge is undoubtedly an exceptional combination of extreme performance, superb fun behind the wheel and a mix of unique driving emotions.
Ferrari California T
- The Ferrari California T epitomises elegance, sportiness, versatility and exclusivity. Its elegance is demonstrated by the front styling, inspired by the famous 250 Testa Rossa, with the flowing line of the flank stretching right back to the rear wheel.
- The sportiness of the Ferrari California T is assured by the latest V8 turbo engine which delivers exceptional, instantaneous throttle response that sets a new standard in this segment. The combination of the flat-plane crankshaft and a complex exhaust header with equal-length pipes boosts combustion harmonics and enhances the driving experience, enriching the exhilarating Ferrari soundtrack.
- The modern design of the Ferrari California T is widely recognized by car enthusiasts worldwide. Its popularity can be exemplified by it building a 6.6 million following on Twitter in just two days when it first launched, with the model also increasing traffic to Ferrari’s website four-fold.
- Launched on 30 January 2015, the SF15-T is the 61st car built by Ferrari specifically to take part in the Formula 1 World Championship.
- Up to and including the Italian Grand Prix, the SF15-T has seen Sebastian Vettel claim victories at the Malaysian and Hungarian Grand Prix in 2015.
- The 1:43 replica of the Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T will make its debut in Hong Kong, Macau and Singapore, prior to its launch in other Asian markets.
- Shell’s Technical Partnership with Scuderia Ferrari is one of the longest running and most successful in Formula 1 history. Scuderia Ferrari has won 16 Constructors’ and 15 Drivers’ titles since 1950, with ten and 12 of those, respectively, coming in partnership with Shell.
- As part of this relationship, Shell dedicates 50 technical staff and 21,000 work hours in support of Scuderia Ferrari.
Ferrari 458 Italia
- The 458 Italia is a perfect interpretation of Ferrari’s mid-rear-engined berlinetta concept. It is a synthesis of style, creative flair, passion and cutting-edge technology.
- The two-seater berlinetta benefits from Scuderia Ferrari’s Formula 1 experience with speed and precision epitomizing its reponse to driver inputs.
- Shell V-Power Nitro+ ensures that the 458 Italia’s V8 engine expresses its full performance capability.
- Based on the 599 GTB Fiorano with the same transaxle layout and engine type, Ferrari 599XX is an extreme track car.
- The Ferrari 599XX is characterized by an innovative electronic concept called the "High Performance Dynamic Concept" which has been designed to get the maximum performance from the car by managing the combination of the car's mechanical limits with the potential of its electronic controls.