Shell has been active in Hong Kong for a century. Our business activities in Hong Kong include Retail, LPG, Commercial Fuel, Lubricants, Bitumen, Aviation, Marine and Chemicals. Our offices in Hong Kong are based in Kwun Tong and Tsing Yi.
Our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people form the basis of the Shell General Business Principles.
Our business activities in Hong Kong
Throughout the century, Shell has been at the forefront of the drive to support Hong Kong to meet its growing energy needs. Today, Shell supplies Hong Kong and Macau customerswith a wide range of oil, gas and chemical products from its technologically advanced Tsing Yi Installation.
Sustainable development has been part of Shell's Business Principles, therefore, all our activities - be it operations, business and community activities - work together to build a better world for tomorrow.
Shell in Hong Kong by numbers
- Shell is the fuel retail market leader in Hong Kong
- Shell operates 43 retail filling and service stations in Hong Kong and 4 in Macau.
- Shell Gas supplies cylinder LPG in Hong Kong to 100,000 households with around 39 Shell Gas showrooms
- Shell's Tsing Yi Installation spans an area of 19 hectares
- Shell lubricants blending plant is the only one of its type in Hong Kong and has been awarded ISO 9001 Version 2008 quality certification
Shell Hong Kong and Community
A responsible corporate citizen in Hong Kong, Shell is committed to high standards of health, safety and environmental performance; to upholding honesty, integrity and respect for people in every aspect of our operation; and to the equal treatment and development of staff.
Shell Hong Kong is dedicated to be a good neigbour to our community and actively contributes in its social investment programmes like, Shell Nature Watch - Butterfly Explorer, and Shell/Island Jaycees Scholarship for the Disabled through which we build an inclusive and happy community. In addition, we also volunteer in a variety of community activities in order to give back to our society.