- To apply, participants must submit the following to www.shell.com.hk by the application deadline:
- Completed application form
- A receipt of purchase of exactly HK$488 Shell V-Power and a photo of Shell Helix Ultra Motor Oils
- Application Start Date: 1 September 2017
- Application Deadline: 15 September 2017
- Quotas are limited. First come first serve for participants meeting registration prerequisites. In relation to timing of application, the application time as recorded by Shell’s server will be used and be final.
- Applicants will receive application acknowledgement by email within 1 working day upon application.
- For successful enrollment, the first 4 applicants will be notified via email by 15 September 2017 and need to settle full payment (€2,700) on or before 20 September 2017.
- If an applicant fails to settle payment by 20 September 2017, the application will be treated as withdrawn and the participant will no longer be eligible for the tour. Shell will have the right to grant the tour quota to another applicant.
- Participants who have successfully enrolled will receive a call by the Shell representative and will be required to submit the necessary documents required to participate in the tour, including but not limited to copy of Identity Card, Passports, Travel Document and Driving Licence. Successfully enrolled applicants will be required to agree to the collection and use of such personal information and documents by Shell. The use and collection of such personal data will be in accordance with Personal Information Collection Statement below.
- Only the person who applies and has successfully enrolled as notified by Shell is entitled to participate in the tour. Neither the sponsorship from Shell nor the eligibility to the tour is transferable. All fees paid cannot be transferred to another person or be converted into other items for use.
- Ferrari 488 GTB Driving Experience
- Access to the Ferrari Factory and Museum for one
- Round-trip shuttle to/from Bologna airport (BLQ) and event transfers
Sponsorship Fees include
- 2 Nights accommodation at Maranello Palace
- Meals, including Day 1 lunch and dinner; Day 2 breakfast, lunch and dinner; Day 3 breakfast
- Other administrative charges
Fees do not include
- Round-trip airline tickets, airport taxes, duties, airline fuel surcharges and other taxes, and other travel related costs and expenses such as travel insurance
- Any additional costs arising from traffic delays, strikes, typhoons or other emergencies including all circumstances beyond our control
- Additional tour fees and admission fees (unless stated)
- All expenses of a personal nature as well as costs, liabilities, damages, compensation incurred of a personal nature
- Incidentals or other facility usage at Maranello Palace
- Special request, such as room location, room type, particular facilities or particular view are offered on a request-basis only. Such requests are not guaranteed and are subject to hotel availability at time of check in. Neither Shell nor the organizer will be responsible if the requests cannot be satisfied or confirmed. Special requests may be subject to additional charges which are payable directly to Maranello Palace
- Any other fees, charges, costs and expenses not specifically stated above to be inclusive
Withdrawal by Participant
- No refund will be made after payment has been made. This includes withdrawal by the participant after the tour has started. If for any reason a participant does not complete the tour or decides not to continue with the tour after the tour has commenced, no refund of any amount already paid will be made.
- All forfeiture of fees paid by applicant is a genuine estimate of Shell’s losses and will cover the charges that Shell will incur as a result of payment by Shell to the organizer of the tour, its other suppliers and administrative expenses.
Cancellation by Shell and Refund Arrangement
- If the number of participants has not reached the minimum number as required by the organizer, Shell Motorsports Event, or due to any other reasons not controllable by Shell, Shell has the right to cancel the tour before departure, and will refund the full amount that participants have paid to Shell, without interests or other fees. Shell shall not be liable for any loss, costs or expenses of any kind that a participant may incur or may have incurred as a result of the cancellation of the tour and will not be liable for payment of any compensation. For the avoidance of doubt, any sponsorship amount mentioned in the terms and conditions will not be made to the participant.
Travel Documents and Visa
- Participants must hold valid travel documents such as Hong Kong Identity Card, HKSAR passport, overseas passport, etc. The validity period of the travel document must be at least 6 months from the date of departure.
- Participants are solely responsible for applying and obtaining any necessary visa at their own costs and expenses and satisfy all applicable health requirements. In case of overdue or unsuccessful provision of the documents required for a visa on a personal reason, all tour fees will not be refunded.
- It is the responsibility of a participant to ensure that he/she complies with all the visa and health requirements of Italy. Shell cannot and will not be held liable for any refusal of entry for any reasons, illness, delays or costs resulting from the participant’s failure to meet these or any other requirements. All payment made will not be returned nor can it be transferred to any other persons.
Health, Safety, Security and Environment Requirement
- Alcohol consumption during the driving activity is strictly prohibited. Shell and Shell Motorsports Event also reserve the right to deny a guest access to any programme activities if the guest is deemed to be under the influence of alcohol.
- For safety reasons, all driving guests must have at least basic knowledge of one of the four languages available for the driving course. These are: English, Italian, French, and German. If they do not, Shell Motorsports Event may deny the guest the opportunity to drive.
- Participants should advise Shell if one of the following apply:
- Impaired hearing
- Any illnesses that may affect driving, eg: diabetes, malaria, epilepsy
- Currently taking medication or on any other treatment that may affect driving ability
- Physical disabilities (ANY permanent or temporary physical disabilities must be reported)
- ALL guests (non-drivers included) MUST be at least 18 YEARS OF AGE. Driving and non-driving guests MUST bring their valid original driving license and passport with them to the event (no copies permitted). Probationary Driving License is not accepted. Those not able to produce documentation to prove their age will be denied access to the circuit.
- International Driving License is not required.
- Participation in the driving experience is at the volition of the participant. Shell is not liable for any incident, injury or damage that a participant may incur or suffer as a result of participating in the driving experience. Each participant is advised to satisfy himself/herself of his/her suitability in taking part in the driving experience and accepts all liability in relation thereto.
- Before and during the trip, Shell shall have the right to cancel the tour, cancel or change the itinerary and any other arrangements of the trip and tour, in the event any act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, acts of terrorism, compliance with any law or government order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, flood or storm, strikes, hostilities, inclement weather condition or other circumstances beyond the control of Shell which render it necessary in its reasonable opinion that such steps be taken. Shell shall not be liable for any loss, costs or expenses of any kind that a participant may incur or may have incurred as a result of any such change or cancellation. Any fees paid by participants will not be refundable.
- All departure and return dates may be beyond the scope of the Shell's ability to control or in accordance with the actual situation and need to make changes, participants should not object. And Shell will retain the decision to collect the additional costs arising from the circumstances.
- There is an option for bringing non-driver companion at participant’s own cost, please contact Shell at HK-Lubes@shell.com for more details.
- In the event of any inconsistencies between the English and Chinese versions of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.
- Shell has the right to change these terms and conditions without prior notice to participants. Please refer to the company’s website for the prevailing terms and conditions.
- In the event of any disputes relating to the promotion and these terms and conditions, Shell Hong Kong Limited reserves the right of final decision.
Personal Information Collection and Usage Statement
- Personal data of the participants collected and used by Shell under this promotion will only be used for the purpose of the promotion and its administration and follow-up, and will be treated in accordance with this Statement and in compliance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
- Shell will collect personal data from the participants which will include the name, mobile telephone number, email address and correspondence address of the participants, as well as Hong Kong ID card number and information in travel documents of the participants who have successfully enrolled to participate in the tour. The personal data so collected will not be used for any purpose other than for the purpose of this promotion, its administration, marketing, execution and follow-up and the other purposes specifically stated herein.
- Participants providing personal data to Shell will be deemed to agree for Shell to use the personal data of the participants (directly provided by participants or collected from the organizer of the event as disclosed by participants) for administrating, marketing and promoting the promotion. Participants are deemed to agree (i) for Shell to have the right to own and use such information contained in any materials (including photos, videos or printed materials) (“Materials”), (ii) for Shell and the organizer to exhibit, copy, displace, edit and in any other form use such data and Materials, and neither Shell nor the organizer shall be required to obtain consent from the participants for such use and participants hereby agree to waive any of his/her rights to review such Materials.
- Participants declare that all personal data provided by him/her is accurate and complete.
- Personal data held by Shell will be kept confidential and be used by authorized individuals of Shell or its affiliated companies in fulfilling the above purposes. Shell may also disclose and transfer such information to the organizer, any third parties undertaking work in relation to the administration, arrangement, execution, marketing and promotion of the event, including without limitation Shell, photographers, media including newspapers and magazines. Participants agree that the use, record and collection of such data is fair and appropriate.
- A participant has the right to (i) check whether Shell holds data about him/her and the right of access to such data, if any; (ii) request Shell to correct any data relating to him/her which is inaccurate or outdated; and (iii) ascertain Shell's policies and practices in relation to personal data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by Shell. Any request to access or change a participant’s personal data should be made in writing to: Shell Hong Kong Limited, 35/F, AIA Kowloon Tower, Landmark East, 100 How Ming Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong; Attention: Lubricants Marketing.