- Only purchase from Shell Lubricants Authorized Distributors and get oil changes at reputable workshops;
- Check out Shell Lubricant Authorized Distributors in Hong Kong & Macau.
- With the "Made in Hong Kong" label (in Traditional Chinese) on the front of the product;
- No scratches and/or wear off on the bottle and the label;
- The bottle cap is properly sealed and there is an aluminium foil seal beneath the cap.
Colour & Viscosity
- Genuine lubricant is golden and pure, while counterfeit lubricant is blackish in colour and may have a burnt odour;
- Take careful note if the viscosity is different from it used to be.