What is DYNAFLEX technology or DYNAFLEX formulation?
- DYNAFLEX technology or DYNAFLEX formulation are our names for our latest generation of advanced formulations for gasoline and diesel fuels.
- All of our latest generation of fuels are formulated with our new DYNAFLEX technology.
- Just as petrol and diesel are different, we have developed unique DYNAFLEX formulations for each fuel type.
- Modern engines are becoming more and more efficient. As a result, fuels are exposed to tougher conditions (i.e. higher temperatures and pressures) which can lead to the formation of dirt on key fuel system components such as intake valves and fuel injectors.
- All DYNAFLEX formulations are complex blends that are specially designed to help maintain engine efficiency as the vehicle manufacturers designed. DYNAFLEX technology works by being enriched with powerful cleaning agents to help maintain the cleanliness of key fuel system components and protect them from performance robbing deposits.1
- Our Shell V-Power is also designed to help clean away existing fuel system deposits.1
- Our gasoline Shell fuels with DYNAFLEX technology also contain our new friction modifier which helps the piston assembly, found in the heart of engines, turn more freely to help reduce energy wasted as heat.2
How does DYNAFLEX technology work in engines?
Our Challenge – Deposits in fuel systems
Shell’s team of scientists have created bespoke DYNAFLEX formulations for diesel and gasoline engines. In creating our new DYNAFLEX formulations we drew on over 100 years of experience in fuels research and development. The world’s car manufacturers are on a quest for improved engine efficiency. Our new DYNAFLEX formulations draw on our experience and insights into the demands of both older and modern engines. Modern engines are becoming smaller whilst maintaining high power outputs and often use new technologies (such as direct fuel injection and turbocharging) to help achieve performance and efficiency.
Deposits can form, over time, on key fuel system components such as fuel injectors in diesel engines and intake valves/fuel injectors in gasoline engines. Shell’s DYNAFLEX formulations are designed to help control dirt deposits in key fuel system components2.
Shell FuelSave Diesel
In diesel engines, dirty injectors can contribute to inefficient combustion. DYNAFLEX technology in Shell FuelSave Diesel contains powerful new and improved cleaning molecule that help to maintain injector cleanliness.1 Tests have shown that engines running on Shell FuelSave Diesel with DYNAFLEX technology have significantly less deposit related power loss and cleaner fuel injectors help to maintain engine efficiency.1
Shell FuelSave Unleaded
DYNAFLEX technology in Shell FuelSave Unleaded is designed to help maintain the cleanliness of fuel system components, such as intake valves and fuels injectors with its advanced cleaning molecules.1 Maintaining fuel system cleanliness helps engines run as designed and cleaner intake valves/fuel injectors help to maintain engine efficiency.1
DYNAFLEX technology in Shell FuelSave Unleaded also contains our latest generation friction modifier.2 Friction occurs when moving parts slide over each other and is a source of waste and inefficiency in engines. One key area where frictional energy losses occur is between the pistons and the cylinder wall. The new friction modifier in Shell FuelSave Unleaded with DYNAFLEX technology works by forming a film on key piston assembly components help them slide over each other more freely resulting in less energy wasted and helping maintain engine efficiency.2 Our new Shell FuelSave Unleaded with DYNAFLEX technology, including new friction reducing molecules, have been demonstrated better performance under tougher conditions on the highway as well as in the city.4
Shell V-Power – designed for performance and efficiency
DYNAFLEX technology in Shell V-Power is formulated with powerful cleaning molecules designed to prevent and remove performance-robbing engine deposits.1 Our advanced formulation is designed to work under the extreme conditions of the fuel intake system, breaking down and cleaning-away deposits.1 This helps to ensure that the fuel intake system is kept clean so your engine can breathe better, helping your cars performance.1 New Shell V-Power with DYNAFLEX technology is boosted with 3x more friction-reducing and 3x deposit control molecules (than compared to our Shell FuelSave with DYNAFLEX technology), to help efficiency and performance.5 Our new Shell V-Power with DYNAFLEX formulation with new boosted friction reducing molecules, have been demonstrated better performance under tougher conditions on the highway as well as in the city.5