Shell Rimula R4 X
Designed to Provide Triple Protection
Shell Rimula (R4 X) is formulated with Shell’s innovative Dynamic Protection technology, which features an advanced additive system that adapts to your engine’s specific requirements. This helps to provide protection in three key areas:
- acid and corrosion control: It protects against corrosion by controlling the acids formed as the fuel burns1
- wear control: It maintains strongly protective oil films to keep critical engine components working.1
- deposit control: It resists high-temperature oxidation, thereby keeping engines clean from deposits1
Shell Rimula R4 X provides:
- Up to 50% better engine cleanliness1
Up to 50% more cleanliness control, i.e., less engine sludge, in different parts of the engine has been demonstrated in key engine tests for meeting US and European specifications.
- Up to 50% better acid corrosion protection1
Shell Rimula R4 X is proven to give up to 50% more protection in engine and laboratory tests and field trials under real-world truck driving conditions.
- Up to 30% better wear protection1
In the Mack T-10 engine test, Shell Rimula R4 X demonstrated up to 30% better wear protection of engine piston rings and cylinder liners than required to meet the API CI-4 specification.
SAE viscosity grade: 15W-40
API: CI-4, CH-4, CG-4, CF-4, CF. SL; ACEA: E7, E5, E3; Global: DHD-1; Caterpillar: ECF-2, ECF-1-A; Cummins: CES 20078, 77, 76 ,75, 72 ,71; DDC: 93K215; Deutz: DQC III-10; IVECO: T1 (Meets requirements); JASO: DH-1; Mack EO-M+, EO-M; MAN: M3275-1; MB-Approval 228.3; MTU: Category 2; Renault Trucks: RLD-2; Volvo: VDS-3; CNH: MAT 3520 (Meets specification)
1 Relative to API and ACEA engine oil specification limits in a key engine test selected to be representative across multiple engines